Our Mission Statement:
“At Mrs. Hancock’s, our goal is to provide the highest quality service and instruction; to imbue a sense of kindness and consideration and to help instill confidence and well being in all.”
How manners training can make the difference…
Etiquette is the tool we use to teach kindness, consideration, proper grammar, posture; social grace, confidence, character lessons and more. At Mrs. Hancock’s we believe good manners are not mere actions but a reflection of one’s self-respect, respect for others; level of confidence, self-esteem and success. That’s why we teach children and adults to master these important skills and apply them to everyday life!
Children really respond to our presence and our teachings! You’ll see and feel immediate changes, a new found sense of purpose and direction and, notice a happier day-to-day existence in your Children; once they understand that they do have some control over how their days move forward.
Your family might simply wish for an intermediary to sit with your Children to discuss varying issues that are clearly becoming problems in the home. As parents we understand that you’re inured in the daily running of your household. As your “etiquette-nanny”, we can be objective about what we see and any information you share with us about your Children helps.
We can offer assistance in a variety of ways; for example, we’ve been known to turn down the volume in many Valley homes by using our classes or just discussion time to cover:
- Sibling rivalry and in-fighting
- Domineering children
- Younger/Older children and the power struggles
- ADD/ADHD and ODD disordered children
- Gently Pointing out enabling behaviors of parents
- “When Mom and Dad are happy…”
- Dealing realistically with children of divorce
- “Your behavior affects everyone either positively or negatively”
- Personal responsibility: “Rules, “Respect and Reasoning”
- and more…
Your family is a TEAM
We help offer Children a sense of personal awareness and confidence and the understanding that their family is a TEAM. This information oft times will, on its own, help children garner a sense of kindness and consideration toward other family members and more times than not, is better coming from someone other than a parent or family member.
Our customized children’s etiquette programs offer age-appropriate instruction designed to build self-confidence and leadership qualities that will last a lifetime; ensuring real world success. With our Design-A-Program, we can build the perfect set of classes to cover what you deem most important. Or, you may consider a one-time visit; it’s up to you and we come to you!
The typical 4-week Introduction to Etiquette, in-home class is built thusly:
- Week One/Session One: Introduction to Etiquette
- Week Two/Session Two: Socialization and Character Building
- Week Three/Session Three: Personal Responsibility
- Week Four/Session Four: You don’t need a cape to be a “Hero!”
All classes are 45 – 90 minutes in length, depending upon the Children’s ages. Please contact our office for a consultation for your family.
Corporate and Adult Training
For Adults, we offer customized business etiquette programs that will help you (and/or your staff), rise above the competition. This training and new skill set affords adults a sense of personal awareness, confidence and an understanding of the importance of proper business and social etiquette training. Adults feel better after spending time with us and typically walk away having the true knowledge that their happiness and success, is indeed in their hands. Whether the training is geared to social or business protocol, self-improvement is nothing to fear.
Our Television Appearances
Our Television appearances include interviews and segments on local ABC/NBC affiliates, Sonoran Living, Smart Family, Channel 3TV and The Pat McMahon Show and FOX10News and Radio appearances on KTAR 92.3 in Phoenix.
We thank you for reading about our services. Please contact the office for a consultation and to allow us to educate you on how we may be of service. 602.234.1200
We service the following areas:
- Valley School Districts for various After-School Enrichment programs
- School/Lunchroom monitoring and coaching
- Law Students; graduating High School Seniors preparing for College, Fraternities and Sororities
- Corporations, Large and Small
- Families looking to create a better home environment
- Prom | Homecoming | Etiquette and self-sufficiency Classes for Teens
- Tutoring and mentoring for Pre-Teen and Teens on a one-on-one basis
- Interviewing skills and preparation
- Adults looking to better their etiquette and interpersonal skills, regardless of their age or background
- Local Scout Troops
- Church and Synagogue congregations
- Summer and Day Camps
- Government Agencies | Academia
- Private Businesses with Sales and Customer Service staff training
- Front Desk and Reception Staff training (Great for Doctor’s front offices!)
- Restaurant Servers and Hostess Training
- Appropriate Electronic mail (E-mail) correspondence